Top Product Analytics Tools To Use In 2022
Product analytics tools help you analyze users’ interactions with your digital product. Using product analytics tools is crucial for SaaS companies, as they help understand what users like and dislike about your product so that you can improve product metrics and increase revenue.
If you’re considering a product analytics tool for your company, this article will provide insights into 6 of the top tools’ features, pros, cons, and more.
Zonka Feedback is a SaaS based platform that makes it easier for the companies to gather customer feedback. There are a lot of templates present in the survey builder which you can customize and use accordingly.
- Feedback management and close the loop.
- Multilingual Feedbacks & Surveys.
- APIs, Web Hooks and Integrations.
- Skip Logic & Question Branching.
- Remote device tracking.
- NPS, CSAT & CES at a glance.
Zonka Feedback has over 30+ native integrations.
- The reporting and analytics around feedback are spot on.
- Conditional logic & automation.
- Customized survey URL.
- Plenty of templates to choose from.
- Lacking a bit of flexibility in reporting.
- More training videos.
Free plan for 15 days. Essential plan $24/month. Starter plan $44/month. Professional plan $79/month. Growth plan $169/month. Enterprise plan $429/month.
Mixpanel is an advanced analytics platform for web and mobile apps. It provides self-serve solutions to help you understand and improve user engagement, conversions, and retention. It lets you track the digital footprint of your users whether they have accessed your website by web or mobile application.
Mixpanel was founded by Suhail Doshi and Tim Trefren in 2009.
Mixpanel has the following features:
- Interactive reports
- Team Dashboards and Alerts
- Segmentation of attributes, cohorts, and actions
- Group Analytics
- Data Management
- Data Protection
- Scalable Infrastructure
Mixpanel offers over 50 integrations.
Some of them are
- Zendesk Suite
1. Mixpanel is very easy to set up and use, according to some users. It does allow you to easily create visualizations and track information with a few clicks.
2. Mixpanel integrates seamlessly with Segment. With this integration, you can have access to more events data in Mixpanel than you would without it, without having to establish custom Mixpanel event tracking.
3. Mixpanel allows you to create various funnels that can be analyzed to understand users’ interactions and what makes them drop off, so you don’t have to rely on guesswork.
1. While many find Mixpanel easy to use, a lot of the features are quite complicated for a large number of people, and that can require a data analyst to get more value from the tool.
2. Since Mixpanel is not as popular as some other tools like Tableau, there is less content such as videos and documents online that provide information about it.
3. The pricing of Mixpanel can be too high, especially for smaller startups.
You can get started on Mixpanel with a free version that tracks 100K monthly users.
The Growth plan offers all the features in the free version, and the pricing varies based on the MTU. It starts at $25/month for 1,000 users.
The Enterprise plan has advanced features and custom pricing for large companies.
Why Not Simplify Your Analytics?
Track key product metrics, identify trends, and mitigate risks with greater visibility into your marketing, sales, and product dataTry HockeyStack Today
Heap is an analytics platform that captures and analyzes user behavior on web and mobile apps. By tracking real-time and retroactive data, it can create reports for events without the need to set up event tracking in advance. Heap was founded by Matin Movassate in 2013. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Here is a summary of Heap’s main features:
- Event Visualizer
- Data Engine
- Reporting and Dashboards
- Ad-hoc Analysis
- Heap Connect
- Heap Activate
Heap has many integrations. The most popular ones are:
1. Heap captures data right away without configuration so that you can track funnels and other user behavior retroactively.
2. Heap University provides various tutorials and seminars to help you learn everything you need to use Heap.
3. The event-visualizer tool is a useful feature for non-technical users. It provides data in a way that anyone can easily understand, as well as easy integrations and instant, retroactive metrics.
1. There aren’t too many visualization and customization options for dashboards and reports.
2. Some customers state that Heap customer support can take a while to respond to concerns.
3. The set-ups and configurations can sometimes be time-consuming and challenging to implement.
Heap’s pricing is based on session volume. There is the Free plan for up to 10K sessions/month. The Growth plan for startups starts at $3,600 yearly and tracks up to 500K/month.
The Pro plan includes the Growth plus other features such as connection to unlimited sources and access to all add-ons. The Premier plan has even more features such as Heap Connect and Heap activate integrations.
Unlike other tools in this list, HockeyStack is not only a product analytics tool. HockeyStack is a SaaS analytics and attribution tool that unifies marketing, product, sales, and revenue data to uncover insights, such as the LTV of a campaign, or the churn rate of each marketing channel.
Using HockeyStack, you can build any dashboard you need with metrics from different departments. For instance, you can get greater insight into the top performing features of your product and understand just how many users are interested in purchasing the product after a free trial.
Here’s what that looks like in action in HockeyStack:
An engagement by feature report:
And an active users report:
On top of custom dashboards, HockeyStack has other features too, such as
- Surveys to dive deeper into user sentiment regarding your product
- Step-by-step user journey to understand how different users behave across the sales funnel
- Funnels & goals to view each micro conversion that leads to a purchase
- Revenue attribution to understand which channels are the most lucrative
HockeyStack has two plans, both of which have a 14-day trial with a 30-day refund guarantee.
You can check out the pricing page here.
- Crisp Chat
- Salesforce (coming soon)
- Zapier (coming soon)
Woopra is an end-to-end customer analytics solution that helps you analyze the customer journey. It places a tracking code on your site to collect information on each user to display on the Woopra dashboard. Woopra is used by sales, service, and marketing teams.
Woopra was founded in 2012 by Elie Khoury and Jad Younan, and it’s based in San Francisco, CA.
With Woopra, you can have access to the following key features:
- Real-time analytics and data
- Customer profiles
- Funnel reports
- Live KPI dashboards
- Website and mobile app data
- User retention reports
- Scheduled tasks
Woopra offers over 40 integrations. These include:
1. Woopra shows what exactly each user does on your site, and you can trace all their actions until the purchase.
2. Woopra allows you to track users in groups. This way, user experience can be enhanced by using customized features such as geolocation tracking, which helps guide users to the correct webpage.
3. The tools are generally easy to set up, and it provides some statistics which are ready-to-use.
1. Some users are not satisfied with the dashboard, which they find too cluttered and difficult to get a wide-angle view of.
2. Users sometimes encounter bugs and crashes, and the system can be slow at times.
3. Some users state that it can take days to get a response from the support team.
The pricing of Woopra is based on “actions,” which are events tracked such as pageviews and downloads. It starts free for the first 500K actions per month. After hitting the 500K threshold, you need to upgrade to the Startup plan, which tracks 1 million actions/mo. The Pro plan tracks 5 million actions/month.
There are free trials for the Startup and Pro plans too. You can also contact Woopra for an Enterprise trial.
Amplitude is a product analytics platform for both web and mobile apps. It uses behavioral reports to help product, growth, and marketing teams to understand user behavior and improve retention and revenue.
Amplitude offers real-time user analytics, cross-platform tracking, and powerful security and customer support. It was founded in 2012 by Spenser Skates.
If you would like to see a detailed comparison between Amplitude and Mixpanel, you can check out this article.
A summary of Amplitude’s features:
- Performance Metrics
- Retention Tracking
- Revenue Tracking
- Customized reporting
Some of Amplitude’s integrations are
- Google Ads
- Adobe Analytics
- Five Agency
1. It offers simple, intuitive charts and cohorts that help segment data for analysis.
2. You can easily share links with different teams in the company.
3. Based on custom events tracked and segments of users, you can create different cohorts.
1. The price increases quickly after the free plan.
2. There are too many features for slicing and visualizing data which can be confusing for non-tech users.
3. The dashboard is not prebuilt like some other tools, so you need to create your own dashboards and charts.
Amplitude’s Starter plan tracks 10M events/month and is ideal for startups and small teams. If you need additional features such as advanced behavioral cohorts and conversion drivers, you should go for the Growth plan.
The Enterprise plan includes everything in the Growth plan plus more advanced features for cross-functional teams.
Pendo is a product experience app designed to help software companies develop products that customers love. It allows you to record, monitor, and analyze user interactions, and increase the value of your products by setting in-app messages, guides, and walkthroughs.
Pendo was founded in 2013 by Todd Olson and it’s headquartered in North Carolina, United States.
Pendo’s features can be summarized as:
- Product analytics
- Sentiment analytics
- Behavioral analytics
- In-app guides
- Adopt for partners
From over 40 integrations, the featured ones are:
- Jira Software
1. The dashboard widgets can easily be adjusted for the needs of different teams.
2. You can segment users into groups such as trial and paid users to analyze their behavior separately using Core Events.
3. Many users are satisfied with Pendo’s customer service.
1. Like many other tools, it can take a while to understand how Pendo works due to the learning curve.
2. Some users face bugs that they don’t know the source or how to fix.
3. To customize the Guides, CSS/HTML knowledge is required, which may be difficult for some people.
Pendo’s free plan was launched in 2020 and includes 1 Web app key and 1 Mobile app key. It tracks up to 1,000 users per month. For the paid plans, there is no pricing information on the site.
Team has all analytics features as well as API access, webhooks, and customer support. Pro is the most popular plan that gives access to more features. The Enterprise plan includes 2 keys, 3 integrations, and more.
FullStory is a digital experience platform that tells you how users interact with your site. A key feature of FullStory is that it tracks and records user sessions so you can watch them again to identify areas of friction in the user flow and make improvements.
FullStory was founded by Scott Voigt in 2014 and it’s based in the United States.
FullStory’s main features are:
- Session Playback
- Event search
FullStory’s supported integrations include:
1. FullStory has very effective bug tracking tools.
2. You can use different filters and parameters to find out what customer actions a person went through that led to bugs and other problems.
3. You can record user sessions to watch later. This can help get a deeper insight into issues in the user flow and investigate the problems that users may report.
1. Many users are not satisfied with the pricing structure, which they find quite expensive, especially since it’s based on sessions and not unique users.
2. When watching recorded sessions, if you click “next” you may end up watching the same video again because new recordings get added to the list as you’re watching older ones.
3. The sessions are recorded even if the user didn’t actually interact with the site, which isn’t very useful.
FullStory’s free trial that lasts for 14 days gives access to all the features of the Business plan. The Business plan is the most popular one that provides all the features needed to understand and improve customer experiences. The Enterprise plan is for large-scale analytics.
Pricing is based on factors such as session volume and data retention, but the pricing details are not disclosed.
There are many powerful product analytics tools that offer valuable features. Each has its own pros and cons, so it all comes down to your company’s specific needs. By making the right investment in a tool, you can fill the gaps in your company and make better decisions for your product and customers.
Product analytics help businesses understand how satisfied users are with their digital product. Product analytics provides objective, behavioral data for product teams that can be used for improvement and growth.