Top SEO Reporting Tools You Must Try in 2022
SEO is the process you need to follow to make your content rank higher on search engine result pages. That said, SEO is not something that can be done in isolation. Not only are there a number of elements that you need to take into consideration when you’re optimizing your content such as the length of content, alt text, and keyword placement etc but you also need to constantly track your content to see whether or not your optimization efforts are reaping any results.
To regularly monitor the efficiency of this whole process, you need SEO reporting tools that can help you track key metrics and perform analysis.
With these tools, you can reduce the time and effort required to optimize your inbound marketing strategy and increase the chance of getting leads through digital channels.
In this article, I will analyze the features of paid and free tools that you can use for SEO reporting and explain why you should use one of them.
Top SEO Reporting Tools You Need to Try
HockeyStack is an end-to-end analytics tool for SaaS companies. HockeyStack is not an SEO reporting tool like the other tools in this list, but it’s highly beneficial for SEOs as it allows you to understand what drives revenue so that you can adjust your current strategy to bring more.
With HockeyStack, you can answer inter-departmental questions that you cannot answer with any other tool on the market, such as:
- How much revenue did a certain blog series bring us?
- What is the activation rate of users from Facebook Ads?
- What is the average contract value of sales that our whitepaper generated?
- Do users that affiliates bring churn faster than users that marketing brings?
By providing answers to these questions, HockeyStack allows SaaS businesses to get rid of fragmented data and start understanding what really affects their revenue.
HockeyStack offers these features with no code:
- Step-by-step user journey
- Custom dashboards
- Funnels and goals
- Revenue analytics
HockeyStack has three different pricing plans. All plans have a 14-day trial with a 30-day refund guarantee.
You can check out the pricing page here.
- Salesforce (coming soon)
- Zapier (coming soon)
The unique benefit of HockeyStack is its ability to unify your marketing, revenue, sales, and product data using no code. This allows you to create SEO reports to uncover unique insights that you wouldn’t be able to by using multiple tools as they cause you to have fragmented data.
- You can integrate with Stripe, Paddle, and Hubspot and build every single dashboard that you can think of, using all sales, marketing, revenue, and product metrics.
- You can create funnels, goals, and surveys, which are rare to get with other tools on this list.
- You don’t need any developers, tracking is cookieless, and the script is small, so it doesn’t increase your site loading time.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is an SEO reporting tool where you can learn about your ranking in the Google search engine and what you need to do to increase this ranking.
Google Search Console, which offers many features you need on SEO for free, also puts in front of you the key metrics you need to observe to increase your rank in Google searches.
- Index Reports
- URL Inspection
- Reports on Performance
- Reports on Links
- Summary Reports
Google Search Console has an API integration system that will allow you to run it in collaboration with many vital platforms.
- The graphics and reports it offers are quite understandable and visually satisfying.
- It has very detailed analysis mechanisms to solve your technical problems.
- It has a rich and deep data pool. It uses the advantage of being a tool created within the search engine to the fullest.
- You are unable to upload an HTML sitemap.
- Its recommendations and reports for mobile use are unreliable.
- The tool’s suggestions for solving problems are not always clear and solutions sometimes require a high level of technical knowledge.
Google Search console is totally free.
SEOptimer is an SEO reporting tool that promises to provide speedy results.
The tool, which provides reports and suggestions in line with the ranking priorities of significant search engines, also helps technical optimization.
The tool focuses on being a substantial alternative, especially for small businesses and digital agencies. That’s why they try to update and support their free tools as much as the paid versions.
- Comprehensive Website Audit
- White Label PDF Reports
- Embeddable Audit Tool
- Keyword Tool
- SEO Crawler
- Bulk Reporting
SEOptimer offers integration with platforms such as MailChimp and Zapier through Webhook.
- It can collect data very quickly and convert it into a report.
- Clear sources of information for what you need to do based on the results of your crawling.
- Besides its simple and functional interface, it offers visually powerful reports. This makes it a very user-friendly tool.
- The Crawling Page limitation may cause problems if your website contains a lot of pages.
- The limits on the number of keywords are low enough to force a change in the plan used.
- Since they do not offer an application for mobile devices, it is not always possible to benefit from it.
You can use SEOptimer’s Free Toolbox forever without paying anything.
But if you want to use sophisticated features that will open the doors of advanced SEO optimizing and reporting, you have to buy one of the three packages they offer.
However, since their main focus is small businesses, it is not hard to find a plan for you without forcing your budget limits. Also, they offer a 14-day free trial period for you to understand whether it is the right tool for your unique expectations.
Ahrefs’ Free Tools
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool that enables you to drive organic traffic and improve your SEO performance to create a radical difference in your search ranking.
Even though it is not an entirely free tool, Ahrefs offers a box full of great features for free.
Some of these features and capabilities are sufficient for basic SEO reporting. Sometimes they can be used as a complement to different tools.
Although they are not at the level of an advanced SEO reporting tool, they are worth trying as a free alternative.
- Free Keyword Generator
- Keyword Difficulty Checker
- Backlink Checker
- Broken Link Checker
- SERP Checker
Ahrefs SEO WordPress plugin comes free with the Ahrefs free Toolbox
- Keyword tools which are working specifically for the platforms such as Amazon, Bing and YouTube and are quite successful in this regard.
- Link Building abilities are great for a free toolbox
- Possibility of obtaining localized results according to the demographics of the audience you are addressing.
- Only a few of the features Ahrefs offers are available as free tools.
- User support for free tools is very limited.
Ahrefs offers this suite of tools for free, but if you’re looking for a more advanced experience, you may need to upgrade to the paid packages.
Google Analytics is Google’s inclusive tool that will meet the reporting and analysis needs in many areas of marketing analytics.
While you can monitor keywords, top referrals, create SEO-related goals, and so much more, it is still not an SEO reporting tool per se. So, if you are planning to use Google Analytics as your primary SEO reporting tool, it may disappoint you.
However, you can use Google Analytics to monitor some metrics directly related to SEO, and you can create reports to evaluate your SEO performance.
If you are looking for advanced experience with SEO analytics, you can look at the different tools.
- Google Search Console Synchronization
- Segmentation options (such as Organic Visitors)
- Top-performing Contents and landing pages report
- Content Drilldown report
- Multi-channel funnel report
Google Analytics is a very effective tool, especially in the google environment. Providing direct integration with all tools in this environment, especially Google Search Console gives it an advantage in SEO optimization over the Google search engine.
In addition, it provides extensive opportunities for third-party integration.
- Powerful real-time analysis and reporting options make it easy for you to give instant reactions.
- A successful tool in detecting and providing solutions to technical and performance problems.
- It offers direct support to the Google Search console, which offers absolute dominance over the Google search engine.
- It offers direct support to Google Search Console, which offers absolute dominance over the Google search engine.
- A technical background is required for tools that can be used for SEO reporting. It is difficult for a beginner to master this area.
- Customization options for reporting are limited, which reduces your ability to work specifically on SEO reporting.
Google is offering Google Analytics totally for free.
SEO Reporting Made Easy
Track which content ranks the highest on search engines, track customer journeys, and find out the MRR of each blog postTry HockeyStack Today
SEMrush is a tool that makes it easier to analyze and take action in many areas of online marketing, such as SEO, content marketing, and social media marketing.
It has ambitious features and a deep resource pool as an SEO reporting tool.
SEMrush states that the tool is trusted by companies such as Apple, Tesla, Samsung, P&G.
The features that SEMrush offers as an SEO reporting tool are:
- Keyword Research
- On-page SEO
- Local SEO
- Rank Tracking
- Link Building
- Competitor SEO Analysis
Semrush provides a versatile usage opportunity by providing integration support with many platforms such as WordPress, Facebook, Pinterest, Google Analytics, Google Search console, Zapier.
- SEMrush gives very beneficial comparative results in the analysis of your competitors.
- SEMrush is a very functional tool for reporting, It allows you to customize reports quickly and easily. It also ensures that all information is presented in a visual, easy-to-understand manner so that non-technical users can benefit from it.
- It is a tool that is constantly evolving in line with the feedback from the users and the conditions of the sector, so it can adapt quickly as the industry’s requirements change.
- The backlinking resources are not very large, which can sometimes cause difficulties in working on backlinks.
- SEMRush can get a little difficult to use especially if you’re new to the tool.
- While the product is constantly being improved and reports are presented in a visually-appealing manner, the layout and interface can change frequently, making it difficult to understand for some people.
SEMRush offers three different basic plans, but the price and content of all plans may vary depending on the number of users.
The price paid for each user can increase dramatically. However, SEMRush manages to appeal to different budgets by offering many essential features in the smallest package.
Moz is an all-in-one SEO tool that provides essential tools for analyzing and improving your SEO performance.
Moz offers two separate products that offer different services for companies of different sizes.
Among these products, Moz Local supports local businesses in the process of listing on search engines, while MOZ pro is used as an all-around inclusive SEO reporting tool.
MOZ Pro, which also has important features as an SEO reporting tool, states that it works with companies such as Trivago, Zillow, and Razorfish.
- Link Explorer
- Keyword Explorer
- Site Crawl
- Rank Tracker
- Custom reports
- Page optimizer
The tool offers integration support with some platforms, including HubSpot Marketing Grader, Klipfolio, Linkody.
- The keyword tracker tool is reliable and strong. It also has great filtering options
- The On-Page Grader makes the content improving process easier than ever.
- It has advanced but easy to understand analytics tool to get insights about SEO.
- Switching between the features is not easy. This lack of organization makes you lose time while doing complex tasks.
- The frequency at which data is updated could be improved.
- The limit of certain features is very low and it is not possible to increase this limit specifically, you need to upgrade the whole package for a single feature that you use frequently.
Moz Pro offers four packages. Each page differs in terms of usage limits.
Almost every plan offers the same features. However, the amount of use varies, and their limits are pretty sharp.
Unlimited reporting options are available on all plans except the Standard plan.
Moz also promises a trial period for the medium version, which their website says is the most used version.
Growthbar is a tool that sets out to include all the features that content marketing teams need in order to use the best content marketing practices, especially when running the SEO process.
The tool, which states that it is the choice of companies such as Dell, Cube, Bill.com, offers a stand-alone version and also comes as a chrome extension.
It includes an AI Content tool that helps you with creating outlines and has a marketplace to meet you with great content and content writers.
- AI Content
- Keyword Research
- Competitor Monitoring
- Blog Marketplace
- Google Chrome Extension
GrowthBar can work integrated with platforms such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- It’s pretty easy to use and the learning curve isn’t too steep for advanced needs.
- Thanks to the Chrome extension, the tool is accessible at all times.
- Many of its features do not have restricted usage. For this reason, you can perform your actions without getting worrying about exceeding the limit.
- No broken link building capabilities. In this regard, it may cause to use additional tools or to waste time and resources.
- It does not have advanced SEO reporting and evaluation options as it is designed to perform simple operations quickly.
- Data takes quite a while to update, which limits its instantaneous reaction capability.
Growthbar offers three packages depending on usage limits. The chrome extension is part of each of these packages. You can give the tool a try with a 5-day trial version. The tool also promises a 7-day refund period.
Using the best SEO reporting tools is critical, especially if you want to increase your organic traffic and reach the right user.
Relying on manual techniques without any tools can waste a lot of time and significantly reduce your impact on search engines.
However, if you choose a tool without making a detailed assessment according to your budget, needs, and industry, you may prevent your content from reaching its potential. Therefore, it’s important to remember that all tools have their own pros and cons and that the needs of each company are quite specific.
Increasing organic traffic provides companies with many advantages. It is necessary to keep your rank in search engines as high as possible to do this.
SEO reporting tools can analyze your SEO practices through the right metrics and help you achieve maximum performance by allowing you to see your mistakes and opportunities.
Many of the top SaaS marketing agencies benefit from SEO reporting tools for such reasons.
An SEO audit report is simply a type of reporting that covers the analysis of the general condition of your site in line with SEO practices and all necessary improvements.