Top SaaS Analytics Tools For 2022
There are many SaaS analytics and BI tools that perform a wide spectrum of different functions. Choosing the right tool for the right function makes a radical difference for your SaaS Company.
Every SaaS company has its own needs, and it is essential to choose the most suitable tool after reviewing the features offered by the tools in detail.
In addition to the features, the size of your company and the budget it can allocate to tools also play an active role in this selection.
In this article, I will analyze the aspects of tools used for SaaS analytics and introduce you to their main features.
What is SaaS Analytics?
SaaS analytics is the process used by SaaS companies to analyze customers’ touchpoints with the brand across multiple channels to increase retention, optimize conversion rate, and grow their recurring revenue.
What Is A SaaS Analytics Tool?
SaaS analytics tools are tools used to analyze touchpoints of customers, product engagement, and marketing campaigns to measure KPIs and come up with a roadmap for SaaS teams.
What Are Some Important SaaS Marketing Metrics?
SaaS marketing metrics are benchmarks to understand which marketing campaigns work the best and contribute the most to the recurring revenue. Most important SaaS marketing metrics include:
- Lead per channel
- Unique visitors
- Sales qualified leads per channel or campaign
- Visitor to lead rate
- Customer acquisition cost
- Customer lifetime value
HockeyStack is the only platform that can unify your marketing, product, revenue, and sales data to uncover what drives revenue & also has marketing attribution features.
You might be thinking “We are using Segment for that.” Well, Segment is awesome as a CDP, but not as a SaaS analytics platform as tools that you are using don’t send critical metrics to each other, even with Segment.
For example, if you are using Profitwell, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics & connect them with Segment, you’ll not be able to understand which blog posts bring the highest LTV and the most engaged customers.
Why? Because Profitwell doesn’t send LTV data to Mixpanel, Mixpanel doesn’t track referrers automatically, and you are not able to uncover whether your content marketing game is strong or what drives revenue, engagement, or growth for your SaaS.
HockeyStack tracks everything automatically on your website and product using a cookieless script with no code and no setup. Then it connects with your SaaS platforms with native integrations.
Using HockeyStack, you can build any dashboard you need with metrics from different departments. Custom dashboards allow you to connect the dots to better understand what drives revenue for your SaaS.
Click on any image to see it live!
For example, you can build a churn by the blog post user signed up report:
A report to measure the exact revenue you get from blog posts:
Reports to measure customer success team’s effect on growth:
A trial to expansion funnel:
An engagement by feature report:
Or an active users report:
On top of custom dashboards, HockeyStack has other features too, such as
- Surveys (free for everyone)
- Step-by-step user journey
- Funnels & goals
- Revenue Attribution
HockeyStack has a two different pricing plans. The Boost plan comes with a number of features including historical data storage, multiple team members, user identification, and cross-domain tracking.
The Dominate package has far more features and capabilities and also comes with a Slack channel for additional support.
Both plans have a 14-day trial with a 30-day refund guarantee.
You can check out the pricing page here.
- Crisp Chat
- Ad platforms
The unique benefit of HockeyStack is its ability to unify your marketing, revenue, sales, and product data using no code. This allows you to uncover unique insights that you wouldn’t be able to by using multiple tools as they cause you to have fragmented data.
- You can integrate with Stripe, Paddle, Hubspot and other SaaS platforms to build every single dashboard that you can think of, using all sales, marketing, revenue, and product metrics.
- You can create funnels, goals, and surveys, which are rare to get with other tools on this list.
- You don’t need any developers, tracking is cookieless, and the script is small, so it doesn’t increase your site loading time.
ChartMogul, a tool that specializes in subscription analytics, offers you many metrics you may need for your subscription-based products.
This software, which provides information on many aspects of your subscribers’ relationship with your product, allows you to focus on the right points with customer segmentation.
- Core subscription-based metrics tables
- Powerful segmentation
- Cohort analysis
- Real Time Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Updates
- Analyzing with multiple currencies and multiple billing systems
- Direct and indirect integration options
- CSV export
- Churn recognition and analysis options
ChartMogul offers a large integration pool. Besides the integrations offered directly by Chartmogul, it also gives third parties the chance to create integration options. Here are some of the possible integrations:
- ChartMogul can analyze the performance of your Subscription-based service on issues such as revenue and churn rates by supporting it with plain and understandable visual reports
- A wide range of integration options allow you to work comfortably with different platforms
- It is successful in analyzing your users through their habits and instant activities. In this way, the potential movements of your users are no longer a surprise for you
- Relatively affordable price options, being accessible to all types of businesses.
- Although it provides useful data for entry-level and small-scale companies, it can be somewhat old for those who need advanced knowledge and metric pools.
- Although there are many integration options, it is possible to experience problems when you use these options, and as a result, errors that require serious manual intervention may be encountered.
- Poor efficiency in user support.
- If you want to drill deep into your data to better understand which marketing, product, or sales decisions affect your revenue the most, you cannot achieve it.
ChartMogul has a few different pricing plans. There is also a Freemium model where you start with a free membership, and your fee is shaped as your income level increases.
Profitwell is a SaaS analytics tool where you can perform deep metric analysis and aim to provide the necessary information and data tables to increase your subscription-based growth.
It supports this with its analysis of churn and income structure. It’s used by companies like Notion, Canva, and Autodesk.
- Key metrics required for subscription-based growth
- Detailed analysis and reporting
- Wide integration options
- Data segmentation
- Churn tracking and analysis
ProfitWell offers integration support to platforms such as
- Google Sheets
Profitwell claims to handle these integrations very quickly.
- Opportunity not to miss any detail with deep reporting and analysis.
- Consistent operation of integration options via AI and Algorythms.
- Efficient and comprehensive mobile version.
- Eliminating the budget problem for small businesses with the option to use without paying.
- Complex interface for the beginner stage. It is necessary to invest time for active and efficient use.
- Although the integration is successful, you have to sacrifice your time for a stable integration. Since it takes a lot of time to transfer and process data.
- If you want to drill deep into your data to better understand which marketing, product, or sales decisions affect your revenue the most, you cannot achieve it.
Profitwell’s pricing policy is a little different, you can get the metric analysis software for free, but there are also paid software developed to solve the problems you may encounter. You usually need these software at the point where your income increases and your company grows.
Grow is a SaaS analytics tool that is ideal for small and medium-sized companies to make data-based analyses and make decisions in line with these analyses.
In its simple interface, it presents the data it collects from various platforms in a way that you can catch a broad perspective on your company’s situation.
- Easy data tracking
- Pre-built reports
- E-Mail reporting options
- Social Media Reports
- Historical analysis with visuals
- Various table and report display options
Grow has a huge integration pool. They cater to different channels, and therefore their integration spectrum is very broad. They offer integrations for platforms such as
- Amazon Redshift
- Google Ads
- Easy to use interface
- Data acquisition from many different channels with a large integration pool
- Several dashboard customization options
- Free trial option for you to understand if this product is made for you or not
- Ease of mobile access
- Insufficient resources are available to understand how the tool works
- Not designed for high-level analysis
- Although the customization options are wide, applying these options is confusing
- Pricing policy is not clear and pricing is difficult to find out
Grow.com offers a free trial plan. However, you will need to contact the representatives for quota-based pricing is once the free plan ends.
Klipfolio is a SaaS analytics tool that stands out with its clarity and simple visual structure, which allows you to view the data it receives from many different channels in a way that you can easily access to understand what exactly is going on in various departments within the company.
- Reporting can be scheduled
- Dashboards that allow detailed customization
- Trend analysis
- Financial forecasting tools
- Practical built-in templates
Klipfolio leverages a large pool of integrations to track data instantly.
Here are some of the supported platforms:
- The ability to monitor various platforms from a single interface with wide integration options
- Ease of instant decision-making with reliable real-time data tracking
- With the abundance of customization options, it provides the opportunity to view what is most important to you.
- Built-in templates helps you to adapt to product.
- While loading reports and dashboards, you may lose time due to its slowness
- Going beyond built-in templates requires technical knowledge
- There are many details you need to learn to use the tool with all its possibilities
The app offers a basic free plan that . Different packages are also offered for more efficient use.
There are also options with several features and capabilities for companies with higher budgets. You can also get in touch with the sales team to get a customized package.
Databox is a SaaS analytics tool where you can create simple but multi-source dashboards that you can use for KPI tracking.
- Highly customizable dashboards
- KPI alerts on many devices
- Mobile and TV optimization
- Integration options
- Metric tracking
- Scheduled snapshots
Databox can work with many different platforms like:
- Google Ads
- Facebook pages & Facebook groups
- Easy learning curve.
- Data integration is possible from several different platforms.
- User support is satisfactory
- Although there are many dashboard customization options, the same is not true for the contents of the reports. It’s hard to view reports with the filters you desire.
- Built-in templates are few. The user may experience difficulties in the process before determining their own needs.
- The price change is drastic if you want to upgrade from the free plan.
Databox has a few different pricing options which vary according to the number of data sources.
So the price you pay for the same plan varies depending on the data source you request.
Churnbuster is a SaaS Analytics tool that aims to increase your Subscriber LTV by providing churn tracking and analytics so you have a more efficient subscription scheme.
- Regular and accurate e-mail delivery
- Email performance analysis
- More efficient operation of subscription renewal phase with existing payment methods
- SMS reminders
- User payment history
Due to its nature and focus, Churnbuster does not offer a wide range of integration options. Current integrations include:
- It triggers the user’s reaction with the use of pinpoint mail instead of unnecessary and irregular e-mails.
- It eliminates minor setbacks, such as instant limit insufficiency, that may occur in existing payment methods, with regular retry, without the user having to take any extra action.
- Easy to adapt and use without needing deep technical knowledge
- It cannot show sufficient performance in reporting.
- Since the area it focuses on is narrow, it needs to be used with other tools.
Churnbuster provides a 14-day free-to-use trial. After that, the price scale changes according to your MRR. After $250,000 MRR, you have the chance to access PRO features.
Salesforce is a user relationship management tool that unifies fragments of data from different departments.
By tracking the movements and habits of your users, you can understand what they are expecting and provide them with better services.
- Workflow Assistant
- Tools that enable forecasting
- Communication opportunities with users
- Advanced Contact Management
- Market Automation
- Real time reports
Since Salesforce is a tool focused on user analysis, it offers a multitude of integrations in order to capture as wide a user base as possible. These integrations include
- Google Cloud
- Salesforce’s compatibility is at a level to support many platforms and devices, so it can be adapted without the need for radical changes.
- Customization options are wide, you can use different features for different departments according to your needs.
- They have the tools to appeal to all types of organizations
- The level of integration is high, you can obtain data from many platforms and keep this data under your control.
- It automates many processes and eases the workload.
- Every additional feature you may need costs an extra fee.
- The large number of features and capabilities make it a bit difficult to navigate through.
- Complex pricing policy
There are versions of Salesforce to suit the different needs of different types of users. These versions are also offered in different packages.
Google Analytics is a tool that has been widely used for web analytics for many years.
This tool, which also has important features for SaaS analytics, stands out with its free plan, offering a wide spectrum of features.
- Wide reporting options on: Audience data, crashing, Advertising etc.
- SEO tools
- Map Overlay
- Campaign Measurement
- Traffic Analysis
- In-Page analytics
- Event Tracking
- Advanced filtering
Google Analytics, which has native integration with many services in the Google environment, can also be integrated with a large number of products like
- You can easily track your traffic and status of your campaigns
- Easy to use and understand once you get the hang of it
- Can be used to dive deeper into certain areas
- Fails to evaluate user habits because it records session-based data
- The features can be overwhelming especially when you are new to using the tool
- Since event tracking capabilities are limited, you may need to use an additional tool
Although the free version suffices for many companies, there is also a version called Google Analytics 360 that offers more detailed features. You can get the pricing information of Google Analytics 360 by contacting the sales team
Baremetrics is a tool that presents metrics and analytics in reports to support subscription-based growth.
It aims to increase your income and build a sustainable structure with churn analysis.
- Segmentation Tools
- Advanced Dashboards
- Revenue recovering tools
- Forecasting tools
- Trial Insights
- E-mail reports
Baremetrics can integrate with payment providers such as
- Google Play
- App store connect
- You can prevent your lost revenue by controlling churn
- Provides the opportunity to forecast your future financial situation
- Reporting options with key metrics
- Limited mobile use
- Relatively expensive pricing policy
- Bugs that are not quickly fixed and the risks posed by these errors
Baremetrics requires you to purchase a membership after a free trial. Different packages allow you to use different features.
Customerly is a SaaS analytics tool focused on user relationships and analysis of users’ behavior.
Customerly’s features make it easy to stay in touch with users through many channels and support the continuity of their ties with your company.
- Live chat
- Customer engagement
- Help center service
- Team, Chat, and Agent Reports
- Marketing automation tools
Customerly has direct and indirect integration solutions, which makes it easy to use Customerly with several different products that you may already be using. Here are some possible integrations:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Messenger
- Easy to install and operate
- It supports different communication channels
- Free version offers effective features
- Weakness of customization of the product with advanced options
- Possible to encounter bugs and crashes while using
Customerly offers a free plan as well as extra packages with qualitative and quantitative enhancements.
SaaS is a growing field in which analytics plays a very major role. This is why you need to ensure that the analytics products you choose are not only easy to use and get the job done but also that you’re able to integrate them with other products that you might already be using.
Use the list above to evaluate the unique features of each of the tools you’re considering to make an informed choice.
SaaS data analytics allows SaaS companies to make decisions and make plans for their future positions in the SaaS marketing environment by obtaining data through tools and analyzing them in line with their goals and user needs. There are many tools and many services to achieve this.